Length of Branch Pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi am helping a friend who has a project under way. He has planned a re -positioned kitchen. This means a branch run for sink/washing machine waste to a soil pipe fitted with an air admittance valve. Query is the run will be in 40 mm and about 4.5 meters from soil pipe. Am i right in thinking the maximum branch for 40mm is 3 meters,, Will building regs worry about this or is there an alternative. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Its a bit long but unlikely anyone will worry.

However you should ensure screwed in-line access points should be provided for rodding.

The fall should be about 60 mm per meter.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Can you get 50mm pipe in ( behind the units) if anyone asks say ..."Monkey did it" eh Johnny ;)

Can you get 50mm pipe in ( behind the units) if anyone asks say ..."Monkey did it" eh Johnny ;)

Heh Monkey Liar - he did it honest mr Inspector.... Am I right in thinking if go up to 50mm for most of the run - i can go to 4 meters and be within part H with a fall of 18 -44 mm per meter.. Thanks for persistance

Correct, use 50mm for as much of the run as possible then reduce for your final connection to your appliance as close as is practical

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back