Lennox G24 Overheating - have job if you like! - Wimbledon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looked at this rather large warm air unit last night.

Heating fires up runs for a few minutes then, the overheat stat trips out, and needs the manual reset button pushing, then will reignite.

Looked online cant find much info. have no manual for the thing. I havn't looked at any warm units for a couple of years. and they were Johnson and Starley.

The fan is a bit too noisy, but will that make the overheat stat trip or should it just cut out on the thermostat?

i know in principle it should be the same as looking at a similar boiler, I'm just a bit thrown as i havn't looked at this make before.

there is some scorching on the PCB around C15 and C16 aswell.

bit hesitant to start buying parts for it.

To be honest if any of you guys want to fix it your more than welcome it's in a nice house in Wimbledon.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It sounds a fairly straight forward task.

Did you gas rate it?

Did you measure the temp at which the o/h stat tripped?

Did you check that the primary thermostat is working?

If you really dont want to do it and they can wait then I could do it in a couple of weeks.

But it would be easier for me to try to help you do it yourself and you have already wasted a visit on it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back