Let us please separate religion from race....

I

imamartian

.. the afetrshock of the Griffin on QT will rattle on... but i implore people to disengage religion from race.... multiculturalism is good for the planet... but shariah law imposed (even democratically) on a democratic nation .... bizaar as it sounds .... is wrong!!

Sponsored Links
And I defend everyone's right to stone you for those views! :LOL:

That was a joke martain, please don't take it seriously.

What's religion other than flawed science of 2 millennia ago?

Shariah law is power hungry politicians, whether elected or not, exploiting religion for their own ends and, lest I incur the wrath of Muslims everywhere, Christians did it first.

Please disengage religion from politics. If you subscribe to any religion there will be a set of rules you must obey but it's not the job of the state to enforce them. That's between you and your chosen deity.

Edit:

joe-90 said:
What's religion other than flawed science of 2 millennia ago?

That's a fair point though it would be arrogant to assume that we know better. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
religion was introduced to try and control the masses into a more civilised bunch by making thing like murder and theft a sin punishable by an all seeing deity..

It was an early form of crowd control, these days it done by bully tactic laws and undemocratic laws against any form of union for bettering the workforces living conditions.

If a jesus or mohammed came down today offering the populace power to live their lives the way THEY wanted then it would become the worlds number 1 religion overnight.

Having faith is another form of consciousness.

How many people say to themselves "oh god, i hope...blah blah......"?

Religion is founded from within most people and thrives upon what people are prepared to believe. There are many feelings that we experience as human beings, none can be explained other than they are either love, fear, hunger, excitement, etc.

If you are worried about your child, who is say, in a coma after a bad car accident, then many of us will be 'praying' that the child pulls through and make a full recovery. I defy anyone to say otherwise. Once you understand this then you can see where religions and faiths spring up.

Territorial battles are often blamed on religion whereby in reality religion simply defines the borders or the language.

Back