Level issue on patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a slight problem.

I’ve dug out an area for a patio ready for the subbase – the final level of the paving stone will have me level for the majority of the lawn area (including a 1:80 slope down to lawn). However, over to the left, the area of lawn is quite a lot higher – meaning the paving level would sit 10cm below the lawn level!

Obviously one option is to dig out the lawn and re-turf but I was wondering if people had other ideas?
I could create a secondary level but really didn’t want this (as the patio is for little ones to ride bikes round etc) – I could maybe make a small one but am then worried about this becoming overly wet (as idea is currently for rain to run into lawn area).

Thanks in advance

Darren

Sponsored Links
if its the green triangle on the drawing, then just build a small retaining wall along the edge. If its not high, then a single skin of brickwork, or a couple of sleepers will do the trick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back