Level playing field .......No chance !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8852/

From the briefing .......quote ~

"The purpose of level playing field commitments in trade agreements is to ensure that competition is open and fair and that businesses in one trading partner do not gain a competitive advantage and undercut their rivals from the other by avoiding the costs of more stringent regulations.'

Free trade and competitive advantage ?????? That's just buisness. They dont need to be fair, if one buisness is more efficient and faster to adapt, to respond and customers requirements are satisfied and want to use their products or services again and again thats just life. In buisness you adapt to what your customer wants.....why is the EU so afraid ?

It's because essentially they know they can't adapt their beaurocratic beast fast enough......tough as an independant nation we can be quicker to respond. ....not our problem ...theirs.

It's like me saying " Oh I'll match British Gas's prices on boiler installs to make it a level playing field, so I'll add £2,500 to my quote."

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Gasbanni are you not embarrassed by posting something which you clearly understand less than nothing about?

If we go to WTO rules, we will still be bound by 'level playing field rules' covering state subsidies, treating other countries equally, anti dumping etc. These rules are more than adequate and far less insidious than than anything the EU are contemplating.

Sponsored Links
It almost seems like you are afraid of trade.

No, I'm afraid of rules and T & C's that would prevent us from doing trade deals with countries outside of the EU. I think it's madness to submit to conditions that would prevent us from subsidising companies appropriately, by the EU who are the biggest offenders regards subsidising in the world.

Nothing wrong with free trade.

No, I'm afraid of rules and T & C's that would prevent us from doing trade deals with countries outside of the EU. .

Do you know of any such rules?

Or are you just making things up again?

No, I'm afraid of rules and T & C's that would prevent us from doing trade deals with countries outside of the EU
Untrue.

What you mean is it would prevent the UK from having a garbage deal with the USA that allowed lowering of standards.

These rules are more than adequate and far less insidious than than anything the EU are contemplating.

You want to check your facts

The EU rules do allow for state aid
Which country has been nearly at the bottom of the list for spending on state aid in the the EU.....yup its the UK.

So the govt arguing state aid would prevent investing in fintech etc is just unture

Sponsored Links
Back