Level playing field .......No chance !

Sponsored Links
Talking of bananas Portugal (Madeira) produces bananas but due to their size, they aren't exported outside Portugal itself.

As a start point - yes.

Most developed countries have moved on from rudimentary trade rules.

WTO focuses on goods and tariffs. Normal functioning countries the issues focus more on non tariff barriers which covers regulation and impacts services more.

RWR think that WTO is a walk in the park and its like switching from shopping at Aldi to Lidl.

How do these people operate in the real world?

Sponsored Links
WTO focuses on goods and tariffs. Normal functioning countries the issues focus more on non tariff barriers which covers regulation and impacts services more

Brexiteers are obsessed with tariffs, not realising they arent the main barrier to trade, because all countries need to protect their own trade but at the same time dont want to make imports dearer.

removing non tariff barriers is where the benefits live........did anybody mention the the single market...hellooo single marrkeettt: nope brexers cant hear that

Apparently our government giving subsidies to NI companies create an unfair advantage.

But it's ok for Germany to subsidise Lufthansa & France to subsidise Renault though...

Don't mention...

"The UK leads the European Union in giving subsidies to fossil fuels - £10.5bn a year"

Blimey, that's far more than the UK's EU contribution!

Don't mention...

"The UK leads the European Union in giving subsidies to fossil fuels - £10.5bn a year"

Blimey, that's far more than the UK's EU contribution!

That's actually a bit misleading, yes, we probably do give more subsidies to fossil fuels in terms of tax breaks to North Sea oil production, without those tax breaks, production stops, as it has done in the past (or exploration at least). Norway is huge beneficiary of the same oil fields (but not an eu memberI, and Ireland are doing quite a bit of oil and gas exploration and some production, other than that, the EU isn't exactly awash with oil fields.

How's Germany and Poland doing with the production and burning of coal (a far dirtier fuel), I haven't looked up the figures recently, they weren't pretty reading last time I looked.

yes, we probably do give more subsidies to fossil fuels in terms of tax breaks to North Sea oil production
All fossil fuel production
Norway is huge beneficiary of the same oil fields
And look what they did with their money...

Set up one of the biggest sovereign wealth funds in the world for future generations to benefit from!

Care to tell us where did the UK oil money go?

but not an eu member
But an EEA member enjoying the same benefits, albeit without voting rights...

Jeeze quite a bit of diversion there.

All fossil fuel production

OK, oil AND gas, coal is negligible, my back garden is the size of our remaining coalfields.

And look what they did with their money...

Set up one of the biggest sovereign wealth funds in the world for future generations to benefit from!

Care to tell us where did the UK oil money go?

I can't disagree, Norway did an excellent job with there oil revenue, where did ours go? don't know, schools, nhs, 4 star hotels for migrants, who knows?

But an EEA member enjoying the same benefits, albeit without voting rights...

As I said, they're not a member of the EU, end of, no argument.

Anyway, going back to my point, who's the largest producer of coal in the EU. I'll give you a clue, they've got square heads.

Not only are the box heads the largest produces of coal, they're the largest net importers. **** me.

Sponsored Links
Back