1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Level threshold detail? Beam and block

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Tyrone Thompson, 5 May 2020.

1. Tyrone Thompson

Tyrone Thompson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My first question is, my architect has not included a level threshold detail for my bifold doors. Can I differ from the drawing without having it approved? Can my BCI just approve a method?

can someone explain or show me the detail for a level threshold? (Beam and block floor)

I would’ve thought the cavity could be filled with lean mix concrete to support the insulation and screed crossing over, with dpm below and lapped onto external leaf dpc?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Notch7

Notch7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You really need to know the section of the cill to knwo where the cill will be positioned in relation to the external skin.

Filling the cavity may not help you as the floor insulation will go onto the floor beam with screed on the top.

You don't need to inform BCI of the method -just make sure its detailed correctly to provide support for the track whilst avoiding thermal bridging.

4. Tyrone Thompson

Tyrone Thompson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    How would you do it? Do you have any details you know of online? This is what I’ve seen 58456E09-D874-4420-B8F8-2AAEEE403CC6.png