Leveling parts of floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large area of floor with 60's plastic type tiles that are about 2-3 mm thick all over the floor, some parts of a number of tiles have broken off and i want to fill all these holes with some sort of levelling compound.

What should I use to fill the holes? Floor leveling compound that can be used before tiling? or will it break up easily?

p.s. the floor will be covered afterwards so the look of the compound does not matter.

Sponsored Links
steveharr said:
I have a large area of floor with 60's plastic type tiles that are about 2-3 mm thick all over the floor,
Do you mean vinyl floor tiles ?

Sponsored Links
steveharr said:
Yes vinyl floor tiles would be what I mean.
Sorry, I forgot to ask you if you're going to put ceramic tiles on top, if so, I think it best to removed the vinyl tiles first although some people don't, see this and click onto " 1.Tiling over existing floor coverings:"

body filler is your best bet quick and easy with a quick set and you can rub it down smooth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back