Levelling a Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m installing a new bath but having great difficulty in getting it perfectly level.

I am getting the side that runs along the wall perfectly level and then try to adjust the others but one side is always out.

I can get 3 sides good but one is always quite out. Any ideas what I could be going wrong?

It is possible to have a bath that isn’t perfectly square? Mine was reasonably expensive so wouldn’t have thought so?

Your input would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Get yourself a laser level. Stanley sell them for around 100 quid. An invaluable tool when fitting baths or anything that needs to be level over a long distance.
Normal bubble levels can be affected by tiny lumps and bumps in the casting of the bath. A laser level will just show where they are and not affect the levels.

C

Sponsored Links
Take the rubber ends of your level, so that is going from edge of the bath to edge of bath. Remember theres is an inbuilt slope to the edges so your level needs to touching the highest point of both edges! This is usually the case when you have problems going from side to side as opposed to lenght ways.
Although you sometimes find lenght ofthe bath the same. So if you put the level in the middle of the lenght its ok, but if you go fom the end to the middle it can be out! If you catch my drift?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back