Levelling a floor to lay laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just knocked down a partition wall in my house...there is a slight difference in the level of the floor where the old wall used to be.

When laying laminate will I be ok to just double up on the underlay for that small part - (width of 1 brick - approx 1 metre long) and lay over it?

The laminate is running across it and it doesnt fall on any joints. I know you should get a floor levelling compound but for such a small area not sure if its necessary.

Sponsored Links
Right then - who wants it?
:mad:

I will give it if you want it ? :evil:

Anyway, really you should extend the joists and fill gap with floorboards, if not you can cowboy it and fill with compound! If you really cant be bothered then you can really cowboy it and drop some plywood in the void and glue so you only have one layer of underlay! Two layers of underlay is the last resort really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back