Levelling floor for Underfloor heating Overlays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Im new to this forum, just brought our first house and currently renovating it. I have just installed insulation under the floors, and replastering the walls is under way.

I would like to lay Under floor heating Overlays from Wunda floor heating, due to issues with putting under floor heating between the joists which would reduce the Insulation level.

I am now looking at levelling the wooden timber floors, which have quite some gaps between each board and a part concrete floor where the old chimney used to be.

I would like to know the best way of levelling this floor without raising the floor height too much, as the floor panels are 20mm, the laminate floor is 10mm, underlay is 3mm (already 33mm is called for). I was considering 3mm hardboard/plywood to level the lower areas, however i advised by overfloor panel tech support to use a floor levelling compound, after filling all the gaps in the flooring.

What do you guys recommend? The floor is raised in the middle of the room, and slightly sloped at the ends of the room by around 1/2 an inch. Which is standard for a 1930s house.

Regards

Ken

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back