Levelling floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to level an old quarry tiled floor, 13 sq m, very uneven, dips 20mm in some places.

Obvious solution is self levelling compound but reckon I need 15-20 20kg bags which works out quite pricey.

Any other solutions out there?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think if there were any other solutions there wouldn't be much of a market for self-levelling compound somehow.

Thanks. I was hoping for a bit more creative thinking.

Can sharp sand be mixed to a compound to increase the thickness it can be laid? I was looking at Levelflex which can be laid to 50mm but it's expensive so I thought maybe sharp sand could be mixed to a cheaper compound (that can only be laid at say 6mm thickness) to bulk it up, any ideas?

Dig it up mate and replace it with sand an cement screed with a DPM. Will work out cheaper but more work.

Sponsored Links
But if not what slc screed are you looking at.

13m2 with some dips should take 2 coats about 8 units should do.

Maybe fill any deep dips first with added granno to the screed. Then screed the whole room.
What floor covering you using ontop?

Did want to dig it up but didn't (long story). It's basically a 13sq m floor with newly poured concrete floors on 2 sides (walls on other sides) and I need to raise the level of the quarry tiled floor to meet the two new concrete floors.

Found some Mira X-plan for £15 per 25kg bag which seems like a good price. This can be laid to 50mm deep. Any experience with this?

Engineered timber boards (Kahrs) will be laid across levelled quarry tiled floor and one of the new concrete floors.

Also, how do I mark the levels on the quarry tiled floor that I need to get up to to match the concrete floors?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back