self levelling compound for mixed floor surfaces

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

please can you recommend a suitable self levelling compound(s) to use on my new kitchen extension in readyness for procelain floor tiles.
The existing kitchen floor has abourt 4m2 of 1 inch ply. and some quarry tiles. The old adhesive and self leveling compound has been removed from both.
The new extension has sand/cement screed floor.
The ply is around 3-4mm higher that the quarry tiles and sand/cement screed.

Is one product suitable for all 3 surfaces, or should a seperate product be used on the ply ? I was looking at Mapei Ultraplan Eco 3210 Levelling compound 20kg on Wickes website but I dont think that is suitable for use on timber sub floors.

Is it ok to level the sand/cement screed in two halves (using a batton as a divider) over two consecutive days, or should it all be done at the same time ?

Floor plan pic attached

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_9672 (1).jpg
    IMG_9672 (1).jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
The quarry tiles won’t have a damp proof membrane so you need to get an epoxy Dpm over them or take them up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back