Levelling kitchen > extension floor walkway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, couldn't find a similar topic so here goes:
24sqm extension, kitchen window/wall knocked out to make walk-through.
So, the new kitchen will occupy the same space as the old one, but the window/wall i've just knocked out will be 'partially' rebuilt as stud wall that will come up to about 1ft above the sink (as a kind of splashback). The rest of the 'hole' wil be open and there will be aprpox. 1m of walkway through (between kitchen units).
So, i've concreted in the cavity gap where the walkway will be, however on looking underneath from the back of the existing units, there is a heeouuuggge drop. So much so that on inespection most of the units feet don't get anywhere near the ground. The kitchen itself is tiled up to the legs of the units, but from then it slopes down to the border of the new extension.
Ideally we want to rip out all the tiles, level the floor so both are equal and Karndean the lot. Not so sure now, considering the drop.

Anyway, questions:
1. If upon taking the tiles up we find a thick bed of adhesive, whats the best way to get rid of it?
2. Having bridged the cavity gap with concrete, can i just screed over to make a flat walkway?

I'll try and take some pics later and measure the drop so that maybe you guys can help me out further, as i think we're in trouble with this one! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back