Levelling patio concrete - advice / Price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

long time reader, first time posting.

I've attached pics of paving and some concrete slabs in my garden.

The paving I want to use some time of cement mortar to fill in the gaps to stop weeds coming through... and I wanted to see if there were any recommendations (avail in the UK)?

This is with the view to use these 'easy to lay' ikea tiles over the top.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/altappen-floor-decking-outdoor-light-grey-90420898/

I also want to lay them on top of the concreter sections which is on a slightly raises level.

The issue with the concrete is that there are a fair few gaps to fill and also an uneven ledge where the left corner of the slab furthest away sloped down.

I think my approach should be to lay down wood around the the outskirts to act as a barrier and then level using cement / concrete.

Id like to know again what cement / concrete mix I should be using. Can I get away with a ready mixed one and if so what should I look for in terms of mix?

I'll pressure wash the areas and I think i should put concrete glue down too which Ive seen on youtube videos.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• file-86.jpeg
    file-86.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 315
  • file1-55.jpeg
    file1-55.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 297
  • file2-51.jpeg
    file2-51.jpeg
    606.8 KB · Views: 253
  • file3-47.jpeg
    file3-47.jpeg
    680.2 KB · Views: 289
  • file4-37.jpeg
    file4-37.jpeg
    730.4 KB · Views: 295
  • file5-28.jpeg
    file5-28.jpeg
    588.6 KB · Views: 280
  • file6-13.jpeg
    file6-13.jpeg
    594.7 KB · Views: 271
Sponsored Links
Adding to this, I am also wondering what the cost would likely be for a tradesperson to level the concrete areas (20 M2) and also concrete over the paving slab area (10 M2) so that I could lay porcelain tiles myself?

Any help greatly appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back