Lewis Hamilton abuse

Agree with many posts here. Show me a multiple F1 champ that wasnt agressive (when in equal machinery and talent).

And with Button they weren't racing for the title never were so the pressures were different.

He has always been the master of looking 'cool and calm' off the track with an air of innocence but he is an extremely calculated brilliant driver also. Hes had a few too many easy titles in that car but so did Schumacher and i also disliked and liked Schumacher in similar ways as he too was ruthless, esp when he did a very similar albeit slower style tactic to Damon Hill at Adelaide, and a somewhat flip scenario. That really WAS aggressive, and that was nothing like the line Max took.
Max took the maximum speed line through that corner to try and prevent another slipstreaming Hamilton on the next straight. Hamilton however took a way too high approach and at the same entry speed as Max would ALWAYS take a wide line, their paths would cross hence he understeered into him. Id say it was a calculated move by Lewis.

Over to the abuse, not see any at all online and i do view some F1 channels including Merc F1 RB etc. I have seen a pic of a young 'person of his colour' crying used to represent him in the past, and i do see many threads saying 'stop the hate, just because he is black you don't like him' etc, which is also stirring up what shouldn't be there.

Completely abhorrent abusing him racially without question, but lets not forget the victim here in the barriers at 180mph also, the cynic in me also wonders how much of the Merc marketing machine used that as deflection, how much was real? I follow alot of threads and hand on heart never saw one comment about him being of any colour or race etc.

Sponsored Links
agree with pretty much all of that festive.

the reason why i started to dislike hamilton after having been a huge fan of his was because of the fake innocence he has decided to take on, maybe i'm cynical (has been known).

the abuse from what i can see, as you say i havent really seen much if any of it, was enough for other teams and F1 to put out statements of support though, and i believe it was mostly spouted on ****ter by the ****eratti and was quickly shutdown.

still at the end of the day it was a great race, could have been greater had they not crashed, but ham had his penalty and dealt with it, max is ok, and from past f1 races i've watched over the last 20 years, to me its just a racing incident, 2x eager drivers pushing things to the limit.

Last edited:
The one worth £50m came off worse than the one worth £250m. I feel sorry for neither……..

Sponsored Links
Fangio?

Stewart?
Fangio unless you were unaware raced in a very different era to now, where drivers would actually die if they left the track, and where gentlemen would stop and assist their fellow racers when serious accidents occurred.

Jackie Stewart is not in the same league as Ham etc.

Well, you asked "Show me a multiple F1 champ that wasnt agressive (when in equal machinery and talent)." I didnt spot the unspoken "and at a time when deliberately crashing into someone wasnt likely to result in injury or death". Are you saying that safety improvements mean that its now OK to crash other drivers off the track?

Jackie Stewart was a multiple F1 champion. You asked "Show me a multiple F1 champ that wasnt agressive (when in equal machinery and talent)." Are you saying that he doesnt count because Lewis Hamilton has won 7 championships in 15 seasons and JS only managed 3 in 9?

Well, you asked "Show me a multiple F1 champ that wasnt agressive (when in equal machinery and talent)." I didnt spot the unspoken "and at a time when deliberately crashing into someone wasnt likely to result in injury or death". Are you saying that safety improvements mean that its now OK to crash other drivers off the track?

I would say drivers certainly are going for gaps that aren't necessarily there knowing the survival cell and barriers etc are way safer now than back then. Remember in Fangios day they ran to the cars first and it was first off the line, how many even bothered to put their seatbelt on. And as i stated before the mindset seemed more gentlemanly back then, Fangio had alot of influence in the pitlane also which i have no doubt made people think twice about taking him out, when would you ever see another driver pull over and give their car up for him and lose their own title that year!!

The likes of Gilles Villeneuve springs to mind as aggressive.
And then later still the great Ayrton funnily enough at Suzuka put a wheel up the inside of Prost in a not too dissimilar fashion against coincidentally his WDC rival which decided the championship..Hmm.

Jackie Stewart was a multiple F1 champion. You asked "Show me a multiple F1 champ that wasnt agressive (when in equal machinery and talent)." Are you saying that he doesnt count because Lewis Hamilton has won 7 championships in 15 seasons and JS only managed 3 in 9?
No im not per se but im struggling to recollect so many controversial incidents with Jackie Stewart.

Incidents with these do

Senna
Mansell
Villeneuve(lacking titles but ruthless)
Schumacher
Hamilton
Piquet

OK i would also like to add the only 'racist' comment ive seen recently about the above incident was this..

"The clog hoppers are still bitter and twisted, 51g he put him in hospital, dribble"

Thats certainly referring to Max fans, in this sensitive day n age id say that's racist. But that's ok because it's not about colour right?

And then later still the great Ayrton funnily enough at Suzuka put a wheel up the inside of Prost in a not too dissimilar fashion against coincidentally his WDC rival which decided the championship..Hmm.
The man who many believe was the best driver ever had no compunctions about forcing other drivers off the track.

No im not per se but im struggling to recollect so many controversial incidents with Jackie Stewart.
Exactly.

Which other controversial incidents have involved Hamilton?

I got the impression from the commentators that it was very unusual for Hamilton to do such a thing.

I think you will find that it was caused by Hamilton understeering and therefore an equally unusual mistake.

The man who many believe was the best driver ever had no compunctions about forcing other drivers off the track.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/lewis-hamilton-abuse.574768/page-4#ixzz71MCQERQO

So what, and the same with Schumacher who also won in very questionable ways. I still absolutely admire both but don't agree with winning titles by taking in an immoral route which is tantamount to cheating. Senna was ****ed he didnt get pole on the correct side of the track, perhaps Senna also blew that out of proportion to justify the end result (crash) which just so happened to take out his main WDC rival. Anyway if you're not adept to the F1 groups and the odd comment on here, literally 1000's of other people say the same about Hamilton and how he makes out to be an innocent nice guy, he is brutally calculating and this year hes met his match in an albeit slower car but with equal talent. (And before you argue that point tell me where Bottas would be if he wasn't in that car, he could hardly beat an aging Massa before retiring shortly after, and where is Perez).

You forgot how aggressive and dangerous Verstappen is.
Dangerous no, show me one incident where Max has been outright dangerous and tipped someone into a spin at that speed.

Lets not forget theres never any way Ham would have made that line. He entered the same speed as Max but at a significantly tighter line which meant he would always push wider than max ie their lines would cross, that was inevitable you can see the angle of turn on Hams wheel he was already understeering when he punted Max's rear wheel, hence his penalty.

For me in the last few years the most absolute classic wheel to wheel driving between two drivers is LEC/VER 2019@ Silverstone, watch it yourself it was hard but fair, both drivers pushing to the limit.

I agree at times he's made life difficult for anyone wanting to pass him, but so has Hamilton without question, the only difference is, Hamilton has been in a much faster car than most of the field since the hybrid years so he's normally the hunter not the hunted. The last time i saw Hamilton become involved in 'incidents' was with someone else in equal machinery, albeit Rosberg, who in the early years he clearly bullied Ros out of a few positions until he snapped and decided one day maybe like Hamilton enough was enough.

Personally i relate Barcelona Ros/Ham to this year Silverstone Ham/Ver as very similar, on both occasions Ham was feeling under pressure from a WDC points perspective, he had to come out guns blazing. At Barcelona he could have held back there too but instead of waiting for tyre deg or the pits went for a first lap lunge, a fragility in ego who knows.

There's a new king on the block and the current King doesn't want to relinquish without pulling out all the stops.

Ham fans saying it was funny Max got what he deserved and haha 51g's etc. Now wait for the tears and drama if this happens to Hamilton. (i don't want it to i want to see a fair fight see Ver/Lec Silverstone) but omg he'll be pulling more heartstrings than a 1000 'save an orphaned 3rd world child' advert campaigns.

Last edited:
there was uproar a few years ago due to Max weaving under breaking, which made the FIA introduce the "Verstappen Rule"

barcelona was rosbergs fault, he shouldnt have squeezed hamilton off the track.

completely agree with the rest.

Sponsored Links