LG Direct Drive Washing Machine - no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Our beloved LG F1247TD Direct Drive washing machine has stopped powering up. What I have tried to date:

Replace fuse.
Try in different socket.
Try other appliances in the washing machine's socket to prove socket ok.
Clean out water filter at front (couple of small coins and some bits of plastic)
Then went on youtube - a few places suggesting you reset the PCB by unplugging, holding down the power button for five seconds then the start button for 5 seconds then powering up. No joy. Still dead to the world.

I then took the display PCB off as the power button 'felt' different to the others. I noted that the power switch on the display PCB was indeed different to the others. I tried a replacement display PCB. Again no effect.

Disconnected the white 'inlet plug where the cord from the mains comes in - reconnected. Disconnected the red one on the same circuit and reconnected. No effect.

Removed, cleaned and reconnected all other electric connectors visible at the top of the machine.
I cant even see a 'Main PCB' let alone get near it to look. Is this a 'remove the back' job on an LG Direct Drive?

Any advice/ support greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I would follow the standard electronics fault finding procedure.
Step 1 is checking all the voltage supplies are present. So find the power supply and check that it is working. You might not have power on all its outputs as the main board may tell it to power on (like a pc computer does to its power supply) but you should at least get something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back