LG Washer Dryer Clicking Sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for yet another "my washing machine noisy" question !

This is a metallic, clicking sound only on spin cycle, starting at around 800 rpm, increasing with the rpm. The noise comes from the top of the drum, roughly at the centre, and it feels like I hear one click per rotation. A fast repeating noise.

No signs of bearing issues, all other operations are completely silent unless drum spins to 800+ rpm.

It very much feels like a wire stuck on the drum, extending further out with high rpm and hitting something on the top. But after several close examinations I cannot see anything stuck at all.

Doesn't seem like a loose item outside the drum as the noise always on the top, at the same spot.

Can you think of anything else I can check practically ? I'd like to avoid servicing during the lockdown if I can at all.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Bra wires are a common cause of that sort of fault, you may be able to extract it through the drain hose at the bottom if you remove it & revolve the drum by hand.

Removed the top cover today and everything was very obvious. Three missing screws ! Main culprit was the clamp tightening hot air blower to the seal, last picture. But I also discovered two screws connecting dryer assembly to the drum housing was missing as well, first three pictures.

What do you guys recommend here ? I am planning to replace the seal, as there are some heat damage already, and I think I can sort out the clamp using a new screw and nut. Unless you think this is a bad idea. What do you suggest for the other two screws ? Do I just find out slightly bigger ones ? Would loctite help in this kind of setting ? I'd like to do a long lasting repair if I can, don't mind replacing one or two more parts, within reason. Any recommendations are more than welcome.

IMG_2550.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg
IMG_2547.jpeg
IMG_2548.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Get a job lot of screws from ebay (Kay’s fasteners have a wide range) and loctite.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back