LG Washer, water fills drum, pours out drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I've got an LG F1296TDA front loading washing machine. Bought in October 2013, no problems until today.

By sheer chance, I walked in today just as the drum filled with water. Water then emerged from the drawer where the washing powder goes. Literally pouring out. If I hadn't turned the machine off, I feel the whole house would have flooded. The washer showed no sign of sensing that there was a problem.

I emptied the machine with great difficulty, tried again, and got exactly the same result.

Machine is now empty and unplugged and disconnected from all piping.

Does anyone have any ideas, please?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Most likely is the tube that connects to the pressure sensor is blocked.

Usually accessible from underneath the machine, and typically a rubber/plastic piece on the lower side of the drum with a thin plastic pipe going up to a sensor near the top of the machine.

Thank you very much. I will have a look where you suggest and post again when I know more.

Seconded re the blocked tube. On many machines it's only a narrow bore thing and easily gunged up. I'm not familiar with that particular machine, but guess you can access the top of the tube fairly easily. Blowing down it may be enough to clear it, at least temporarily.

Sponsored Links
Hi All.

Thank you so much for your replies.

On taking the back off the machine, I couldn't see any small pipes. I thus took the top panel off. Lo and behold, the black hose in the photo below was completely disconnected from the Water Level Pressure Sensor Switch nozzle/spout.

I duly reconnected it and the machine works perfectly.

Cheers for your help, gents.

IMG_20210411_172010.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back