LG WD12361-RDK washer-dryer not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I wonder if anyone can help me?

I have an LG washer-dryer combo which I bought in March 2009 (so it's out of warranty). My problem is that it's no longer drying clothes.

The washing machine works superbly, but when you select a dry cycle, the clothes come out sopping wet. If you put *dry* clothes in the drum, even they come out wet.

I've had the local washing machine repair bloke out and he's baffled. There are no blockages, the element is working fine, the valves are operating at the right time etc.

Could it be the motherboard and, if so, does anyone have a clue how much they cost as a spare part?

Cheers for any help

Sponsored Links
Check you outlet hose is raised above outlet could be siphoning water into machine from sink which would wet clothing on drying cycle.

Hi there I have just fixed this issue myself today.

It helps if you are bit of a handy person, you will find that your air return path is almost blocked with lint at the rear right of the machine. It's white and is attached to the rear of the drum going up to the fan that pushes the air around, also top rear right of machine. You need to undo a lot of screws to get the return air return path from the back, while your there clean the fan as well.

Mine was like a clogged artery no wonder the dryer stopped working properly.

While I love my machine this is a serious floor that LG needs to look in to.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back