Licence of program keeps active

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a program with licence, but program had a few bugs. Got a new program version (de-bugged and improved), removed the old program (everything including folders in 'program files') and installed the new program, expecting to re-enter the licence.
But no, somehow, some where the licence is still active (as are the bugs!, while I know the version I have now is de-bugged).

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried the supplier website?

What's the program?

Hi Ignorian
The supplier is a good friend of mine (accountant - business consultant - who has put his extensive knowledge into this software program) and he knows of my problem. His son (who wrote the software) is very busy with other work, so it's a bit on the 'back-burner' at the moment.
We (my good friend and I) know the problem (well the problem on my PC) has to do with lingering bites of the old program, so I thought I'll try the knowledge 'bank' here first.

Any ideas (don't think you know the program, it's used by accountants and business consultants for strategic business planning and forecasts - Profit Master)

Sorry, but it sounds like it's pants if even the uninstaller doesn't remove it correctly.

Without having details of the software, it's a little difficult to provide guidance. If you have removed all the folders, there might be a registry key hanging about.

Like I said, just buggy software. The trouble with having friends do stuff for you, is that you don't want to upset them. Having said that, if the software is buggy, the author should provide you with support, even if he is too busy.

Sponsored Links
Program is great, the problem is pants I agree.

Problem isn't really that bad, only on the report generating side of things. Software is a great help for all small to medium businesses who want to grow their business in a sustainable way.

Thanks for trying to help. Guess I'll have to wait until the son has more time.

Back