LIDL 10.8V L-ion drill/driver £30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought one of these:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=2726

I realise that this is not for professionals, however for the DIYer it is perfect. I love the way that the chuck pulls off to reveal an integrated screw bit carrier. You could have a drill bit in the chuck then quickly remove the chuck with bit still in it, then snap a screwdriver bit in. So much quicker that moving between a drill bit and screw bit in a conventional chuck. It also has a two speed gearbox, so high torque for big screws. Three year guarantee and the quality seems far better that the usual budget stuff.

Sponsored Links
Actually I've found the Parkside brand to be more than reliable and I've qualified with one of the managers of Lidl that the Parkside brand guarantee is honored regardless of use, diy or commercial. Pretty good considering you will hardly get a 3 year guarantee on so called recognised trade tools. I have a random orbital sander, mini grinder and a series of rasp/drills, forstner bits and three of these diamond sharpening plates, all from lidl. Ok apart from the Parkside brands, the other tools do need some tuning up to get them working to there best, but I'm thinking thats more or less the same as the expensive brands I've bought over the years...pinenot :)

at the price lidle stuff is always good value for money and if it packs up you get your money back no questions asked

Agree, at that price you can't go wrong even if it only had a years guarantee but 3 years means its a no brainer

Sponsored Links
I know a kitchen fitter that has two and he says there great and at that price who can argue.

This one...

86583_01_f.jpg

It's so similar to the Metabo one that you'd think legal action would be taken!

metabo-powermaxx-12-10-8v-li-ion-drill-driver_a.jpg

...although the handle is styled on the Bosch

Bosch-10-8v-Cordless-Drill-Driver_large.jpg

Lot of positive comments - I am happy :D Interesting comparison pics Deluks, similar to when the Russians copied Concorde (I hope the outcome isn't the same though) :!:

the reason they all look very similar is because lithium ion batteries are 3.6v so any 10.6 or the ones claiming to be 12v all use 3 batteries giving you the triangle with rounded corners
some higher capacity [2ah+] will have another group off 3 batteries wired in parallel giving say 1.5ah+1.5 ah=3ah these are the ones with a box added to the base to accommodate them

Bought one, have used it for drilling steel and using a burr/rasp to oversize a 1/2" hole. There's a wee bit of wobble on the chuck action (which cordless doesn't) otherwise it's very satisfactory...pinenot :)

Bought one, have used it for drilling steel and using a burr/rasp to oversize a 1/2" hole. There's a wee bit of wobble on the chuck action (which cordless doesn't) otherwise it's very satisfactory...pinenot :)

you cant go far wrong with a full kit costing the same as a bosch blue 10.8v battery :D :D

Once it's not on the Lidl website any more, does it mean it's not going to be instore any more?

Would really like to get one of these, but from past experience guessing the Lidl closest (Burdett Road) to me won't have these :confused:

They tend to display them until there all gone, sometimes neighbouring stores still have one or two when your local runs out. Worth getting one of the local staff phone around for you, but you will have to go to the store to pay for it and pick it up...pinenot :)

you need to be at the front off the queue on the said day when the shop opens if you definitely want one

also sometimes the same item can re appear several months later so worth keeping your eyes open

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back