life of brian!! blasphemous?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just watching a program on "the life of brian" the monty python film..

what a load of cobblers the religious types come up with..

they're saying that they shouldn't have made fun of the crucifixion...

it's not holy.. it's torture..

Jesus wasn't the only man crucified, and certainly wasn't the last..

Sponsored Links
funniest film I ever seen, Isnt Biggus Dickus in it?
It takes the urine out of almost every religion and minority! :LOL:

always look on the bright side of life, you lucky,lucky...

either they've all gone off to watch it or they've gone out for new years drinks? I'm off to bed as i've an early start.

Sponsored Links
oh how religion is the bane of our lives...... it saves people on an individual level but destroys communities.. countries... civilasations...

it doesn't save individuals..
they save themselves...
it gives them a set of rules to try to live by or hope or self belief...

ColJack i think that means we agree.... individuals are saved.... or religion only works in a selfish way....

and that set of rules you talk about causes conflict in any larger group of people...

It took me about five veiwings to realise what some of the gags were taking the **** out of, particularly when the soldiers kept failing to find the front people hiding in cupbords and behind curtains, they are actually taking the **** out of the police, takes a while for it to click, it's one of my favourite films.
What the overly religious need to comprehend is that they are actually taking the **** out of mans own stupidity not Jesus or the Bible. eg- the wise men going to the wrong manger even though there is a great neon sign over the correct manger not that far away, bloodyhilarious.

I think it`s summed up by the line ..."He`s NOT the Messiah, he`s a very naughty boy" :rolleyes: unfortunately a lot of relegious types are up their own anii

F*** me it's PVM!

This is like the second coming of Christ for all born-again pedants.

The great thing is that a film of this type can be made...unlike one of another certain Prophet..

Alex

Sponsored Links
Back