Lifting laminate floor with a stud wall on top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During a loft conversion last year, I had to have a new wall installed downstairs to comply with building regs - on top of laminate flooring. The builder said it could be temporary, but I decided the wall actually suited the space quite nicely, and I didn’t want any risks with my insurance. But now it looks like I may need to lift the laminate to fit new radiators. Is there any way to cut through the laminate? Or is there another option.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
PatMustard, good evening.

See this is your first post, welcome.

Does the partition wall on top of the laminate have Skirting fitted to each side? if so remove the skirting hack of the laminate at the junction of partition and floor, and fit new + a new skirting to each side of the partition.

Ken

Hi Ken, thanks for replying. The new wall does have skirting boards on both sides. But there's also a doorway, so part of the floor has the doorframe resting on it.

I've used one of these multitools to cut laminate, leaves a nice clean cut and you and get it right up to the wall after removing skirting boards.

6a4fe1d6e430aa6bd01106bd1b5a8ca6.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back