Lifting yourself up by your own bootstraps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just remembered this "Old Chestnut I saw in an Italian Restaurant.
One single socket for a load of appliances, mainly fridges/coolers .
A right piece of spaghetti as you`d expect.
Apparently the waiters had a habit of plugging/unplugging according to what they needed today, would not go to the extreme expense of having additional sockets installed.
I was actually sorting out the intruder alarm system at the time, the electrics was someone elses baby.
So i ploughed thru the piles of flexes and trailing sockets, 3 x 4 way trailing sockets.
Untangled everything, I had already spotted the problem though - they had the age old combination of the first plug being plugged in to one of the extension sockets.
In effect the extension was feeding itself, or rather it was not because that would be impossible.
Caused them quite an expense with what they had to throw away but weeks later I noticed they had still no plans to get extra sockets and do away with the extension sockets

Sponsored Links
Cause they have a death wish. Their life sucks so why try to protect it. But in seriousness it's probably something similar to why hockey players didn't want to wear helmets and then they didn't want to wear visors. Luckily the next generation cares a lot more about safety, as least from what I've seen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back