Light issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to change the light in my bathroom from an old three light ceiling rose to a single light. My issue is that I have an extractor fan that works through the light it's self so am now not to sure what to wire to what.

I have the following wire combinations.
One in let of two red wires one of a red, hello, blue and a green and yellow which is connected to the other yellow and green on the other inlet which comes with a black and a red wire.

Any ideas.

Sponsored Links
I have the following wire combinations.
One in let of two red wires one of a red, hello, blue and a green and yellow which is connected to the other yellow and green on the other inlet which comes with a black and a red wire.

Any ideas.

Whats hello?Am i missing something? would you like to try again??
Do you mean a twin and earth cable thats red,red. a 3 core and earth thats red, yellow, blue and g/y and a third which is red,black and g/y?

Sorry should have said yellow, also just notices a forth inlet which is a single black one with a grey outer sleeve

Yes and that is what I mean

Sponsored Links
When you say outer sleeve do you mean all the way over it and the black is the inner core when the outer grey sheath is removed?

hard to be certain but

all reds together in block
one black and blue as neutral
black with red sleve and yellow together as switch lines

hard to see
but yes that one single red could be the switch wire was it with a yellow one

Tried both ways suggested and it still doesn't work. I can see why there should be 4red wires in to the connection L on the light?

You can see, or you can't see?

There may be one in, one out, one to a switch and another feed to a shaver socket or a mirror light or somesuch thing. This would make four reds in the loop.

Well I can see 4 red wires but can't see why or how there all mean't to attach to the light fitting!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back