Light On Permanently

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
i installed two outdoor bulkhead lights connected to a single switch. The problem is that the 2nd light(last in circuit) stays on if the switch is in the on or off position but the 1st light works fine? I have connected the feed from a j/box to the 1st light and looped the feed from light 1 to light 2 and connected the switch wire in light 1.
hope that makes sence
Cheers ;)

Sponsored Links
Try this.
From your junction box take the feed to the Common on your switch.
From the L1 on your switch to the first lamp (linked also to second lamp).
Presumably, your neutrals from each lamp (and earths if any) back to your junction box.

Your second fitting's phase conductor is connected to the loop, not the switched live connection.

Sponsored Links
so all i need to do is connect the brown from the 2nd light into the same connection as the s/live in light 1? also the lights wernt polarity dependent, could it be that i have crossed the connections over in one of the fittings.
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back