Light switch for a room

VK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

I need help / advice. I have a room which has two doors, currently I only have one light switch in the room which is next to one door, I want to place another switch near the second door. The only option I could think of was to run a 3 core + earth cable from exiting switch to the new position of light sitch and then place a switch there. This option is a little messy as I will have to channel out plaster to hide cable then have to redecorate/paint, etc. I heard from my cousin there is a wireless option to achieve the same output.

So basically I want to have another switch (wireless) not looking for a remote control solution, Can someone kindly point me in the right direction? Is this a good option? What are these wireless switches called? Any links to places that sell them would be appreciated.

I want to retain the ability to swtich the light on from exitsing switch and could it turn it off from that switch or the new wireless one - will it allow this?

cheers,

VK

Sponsored Links
What are these wireless switches called? Any links to places that sell them would be appreciated.
Click

I want to retain the ability to swtich the light on from exitsing switch and could it turn it off from that switch or the new wireless one - will it allow this?
Check the specs of them to see how they can interact with regular switching. It might end up easier to replace both switches with wireless ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back