Wireless Light Switches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rather than extending cables when moving light switches from one wall to another is it possible to use wireless switches?

I notice there are wireless home control units such as Siemens kits in major DIY stores but is there such a device for a light switch to control an existing light?

This could either be a bulb / light fitting with receiver or a separate box that needs to be installed in the wiring circuit above the light.

Sponsored Links
Don't know if it helps, but I put a similar (not easy switch) in a redecorated bedroom about 4 years ago. The receiver is in the old switch and creates what is a effectively a two way circuit. Works very well.

Sponsored Links
I have installed a couple of LightWave devices and they seem to operate without any problems. Other makes are available.

This was to be expected as they are in areas where there is little activity on the wireless channel that all such devices share.

If you live in a area where there is a lot of equipment using licence exempt radio channels then you may find that occasionally the switch doesn't operate and has to be operated again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back