Light up cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1713293096835.png

Wandering if there is any cable available like this that works on 230Vac.

Asking as I'd like to make up a control display if possible, where when a controller sends power out to a 230V valve motor, the cable lights up to indicate visually where the power is coming from and going.

It would only need to supply 5W at most, could be less if needed, But would need to visibly connect direct to a 230V LNE connection that trainees could see.

Any suggestions or ideas welcome. (I know I could fit a bulb to the valve, but really like the idea of being able to see the path of electricity from the control unit to the valve, want it to be as clear as possible whats happening for the training rig)

Sponsored Links
Any suggestions or ideas welcome. (I know I could fit a bulb to the valve, but really like the idea of being able to see the path of electricity from the control unit to the valve, want it to be as clear as possible whats happening for the training rig)
Is this a fixed training rig mounted on boards etc?
If so, you could think about it the other way around - LED strips (some with a chasing effect might be nice!), could be mounted diagrammatically on the board to signify the current paths, with the actual wiring connected behind?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is this a fixed training rig mounted on boards etc?
If so, you could think about it the other way around - LED strips (some with a chasing effect might be nice!), could be mounted diagrammatically on the board to signify the current paths, with the actual wiring connected behind?
Yea thats something I'm thinking off, wanted them to see the cable connection in the control all the way to the valves, but its not critical that they do. It'll be fixed on a board so easy enough to hide cables behind etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back