Lighting switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
I have to re wire a shop and I was told to use same switch in the kitchen witch too close to a sink. Please advise
Photo in the attachment

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I don't believe there is a "zone" around a sink so should be ok to stay.

Are you a qualified electrician?

Blup

I don't believe there is a "zone" around a sink so should be ok to stay.

Are you a qualified electrician?

Blup

Hi Blup
Thanks for your advise yes I just recently joined Niceic as domestic installer .

Why don't you know what bathroom zones are, and what they are measured from, and what a bathroom is?

Sponsored Links
How about using qualified tradesmen to do work on gas/electricity for you?

Your post history suggest you are a handy man doing work outside your ability which is illegal and dangerous.
I believe if you can't advise better to stay silent I'm qouilfy in gas for 10 years and just passed my level 2 in electric and joined the Niceic and I can provide my license number to the admin and if you not happy to help bigginers like me just ready and you don't have to post back silly replies

I believe if you can't advise better to stay silent I'm qouilfy in gas for 10 years and just passed my level 2 in electric and joined the Niceic and I can provide my license number to the admin and if you not happy to help bigginers like me just ready and you don't have to post back silly replies

Don't NICEIC require you to be able to spell and use punctuation, so people can understand what you are trying to say?

But this is not a bathroom!!

In bathrooms, there are rules defining the zones, measured from a bath or fixed shower, where electrical fittings, and especially sockets, may not be fitted.

Your room is not a bathroom, so the zones do not apply, and it does not contain a bath, so there is nothing to measure from.

A sink is not a bath.

Don't NICEIC require you to be able to spell and use punctuation, so people can understand what you are trying to say?
I imagine they don't, actually.

A lot of negativity on this thread.

Though I don't know the ins and outs of the original poster, his experience or circumstances - he has to start somewhere, and should be given a few grains of respect at least.

I agree, better he asks and gets it right than ploughs on regardless, who spills propperly these days anyway?

Blup

Sorry I'm not an English but my English is better than your Italy and please stop annoying others if your bloody racist you don't have to advise me just do something better for Christmas.!!

It's not as close as the socket or Consumer unit.
upload_2021-12-28_15-36-43.png

But all of that aside as others have already pointed out if there is no Bath or Shower in the room there are no zones.

I agree, better he asks and gets it right than ploughs on regardless, who spills propperly these days anyway?

Blup
probberly knowon and certainly not this person:

Welcome aboard google, we don't all bite.

Sorry I'm not an English but my English is better than your Italy and please stop annoying others if your bloody racist you don't have to advise me just do something better for Christmas.!!
There is nothing racist about criticising poor English and poor spelling.

Insensitive, yes.

Last edited:

Non sai nulla della mia abilità in italiano.
Non sono razzista.
Quindi fai attenzione a quello che dici.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back