Lighting Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a loop in ceiling rose lighting system. For the upstairs lights , I have a cable coming up from the fuse box which goes into a junction box where the cable is divided into two separate runs, one of which takes power to two lights the other takes power to four lights. My question is, is this OK or should i rewire the lights so the power is taken from rose to rose throughout. Some of the lights seem a bit dim, i didn't know whether this is as a result of the way they are wired. Thanks

Sponsored Links
there is nothing wrong with what you have, but if you wish to change it that is up to you

Re-wiring them into one long string of six lights won't help your dim light problem. If anything it will get worse. As Breezer says, there's nothing wrong with what you've got. If the layout permits it you could link the two ends of your existing light strings to form a ring. That would help those dim lights. Alternatively, have you tried cleaning the bulbs???

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back