Lights in lift keep flashing intermittently

Sponsored Links
Now tell me something I don't know; oh yes, like how long ago was it done. I agree, it was very likely done last week, and the electrician would have installed the dimmer switch, so it's more than likely the wrong choice of bulb. But if we don't ask even the obvious questions, we can't give the simplest of answers.

It was installed back in July last year. The problems started about 2 months ago when my boy noticed the lights flickering. It’s so intermittent it could be weeks and no issues then all of a sudden the bulbs start flashing like a disco. I’m going to ask the electrician to come back. Let’s hope it all gets fixed.

Sponsored Links
The problems started about 2 months ago when my boy noticed the lights flickering.
Did anything happen about 2 months ago? New bulb(s) or lights? Even any non-electrical work involving anything to do with walls/floors/ceilings?

Did the "complete refurbishment" involve any work in the loft or on the roof? Can't help noting that "about 2 months ago" was the start of the first winter since the work was done...

They look like they may be LED, its probarly wrote on the label you can see on your fitting.
It sounds like it may be Dimmer/Driver incompatibility

They look like they may be LED, its probarly wrote on the label you can see on your fitting.
It sounds like it may be Dimmer/Driver incompatibility

Thanks 333. I’m asking the electrician to come back and check. May change the dimmer to a standard rocker.

If it's the same light and dimmer combination that the electrician put in 6 months ago, why is the flickering more recent than that?

Damnit, should have suggested the simple task of checking the buld in another socket as well. Most likely it's the dimmer though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back