lights not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...in my kitchen i have 2 sets of four halogen lamps on bars, so 2 fittings controlled by the same 2 switches. One of these switches is a dimmer and the other just on/off.
The pelmut lights are controlled by an independent switch on each light switch.
The have been installed for 5 years.
When my daughter tried to switch on the bar lights using the on/off. She says she saw a bright flash and they havent worked since. There is a serpeate fuse box for the kitchen and it tripped the light fuse. I switched this back on and te pelmut lights work fine
The mrs says the dimmer hasnt worked for some time.

I had a look at the connections in the ceiling rose and all looks ok. I can access the area above the lights but have yet to check the junction boxes up there. Thought it was unlikely to stop working all of a sudden.

Everything was installed by an electrician orginally.

Any ideas? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Most likely one of the bulbs has blown and its killed the dimmer switch, if you dont need it just replace with a normal two way switch.

Thanks...was thinking it may have something to do with a switch...i will give it a spin..

appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back