lightweight partition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am having a lightweight 3x2 stud partition 2.4M x 2.4M done to reinstate a single brick wall which used to be between a bathroom and toilet..taken out years ago and not a load bearing one.
now as a new owner i want the bath/toilet separate again to suit my lifestyle..hence the stud wall option
the carpenter is pricing for plasterboard and then i need to get a plasterer to skim coat both sides...
please..is there some boarding i can have fixed to the stud which doesnt need plastering and is wipe clean like plastic faced with trimmers at the joints
i have seen in wickes the sort of hollow click together plastic finish for bathrooms which looks ok and is sort of hollow rib..but i will be attaching mirror/cabinet/ radiator to that wall after it is finished on the bath side (on the toilet side plain wall as rad on other wall)
if anyone can suggest a better partition system i would be interested in that as well...i saw one which was metal and you clipped in finished boards into it with joint trimmers.
thanks again
yours
mrcrow..manchester

Sponsored Links
I have recently used a product called "Parador", which I believe is german.

Its actually fairly similar to laminate flooring, but is meant for use for ceilings or walls.

Basically, its a pre-finished mdf product, comes in a variety of different finishes (we went for matt white which we used on a ceiling in a bathroom). Guess its a modern twist on old pine T&G, but the finish is really good and the board at circa 160mm wide.

Doesn't need any finish once up and goes up quickly with little clips supplied, just a bit of quadrant on the edges (unless you floor/walls are square and you can cut it exact - have been told that you can silicon the edge if its tight enough.

Might have to re-inforce the wall where you are hanging the rad and cabinet.

stevenrafferty said:
I have recently used a product called "Parador", which I believe is german.
Its actually fairly similar to laminate flooring, but is meant for use for ceilings or walls.
Basically, its a pre-finished mdf product, comes in a variety of different finishes (we went for matt white which we used on a ceiling in a bathroom). Guess its a modern twist on old pine T&G, but the finish is really good and the board at circa 160mm wide.
Doesn't need any finish once up and goes up quickly with little clips supplied, just a bit of quadrant on the edges (unless you floor/walls are square and you can cut it exact - have been told that you can silicon the edge if its tight enough.
Might have to re-inforce the wall where you are hanging the rad and cabinet.
thanks steven...a light in the tunnel...this means i can frame the studwork myself and put up my own finishes...sounds a bit like what i wanted to do..and may be demountable for a future owner..family bathroom scenario..:)
i will check out the site and thank you again for the lead
cheers
mrcrow..manchester

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back