door frames for speedline partitions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to erect my first stud partition using speedline acoustic studs and 1 or 2 layers of plasterboard. The track is 72mm, the plasterboard is 12.5mm and I won't have a plaster skim. This gives a wall thicknesses of 122mm for the acoustic partition with 2 layers of plasterboard each side and 97mm for single plasterboard layer on each side.

Wickes carry 118mm and 94mm PSE. Are these going to be too small for door frames?

What gaps should I allow under bedroom (carpet) and bathroom (vinyl tiles over 6mm plywood) doors?

Sponsored Links
If your walls are going to be 122mm thick then go to a timber merchants and buy some 122-125 wide timber, Wickes's 118mm is too small.
Gaps under doors for flooring?? Hmm. I'd fit the doors after all flooring is down. Your carpet will have underlay and you don't say which type of carpet it is. It could be a thinnish cheap carpet or a luxuriously thick Axminster.
Personally I'd cut the bedroom door down so it's just skimming the top of the carpet. The bathroom door I'd give at least 6mm clearance.
All depends if your floors are level and studwork/door frames plumb. If the floors are out or studwork/door frames out of plumb, even slightly, you can have problems when the doors are fully open. (catching/rubbing against the floor).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back