like melted cheese

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My creda washing m/c stopped working so i pulled it out only to find the power cable from it going directly through conduit in the wall to the fused connection unit. When i removed the faceplate i was shocked to find the live cable out was melted in its terminal.
Would this be the fault of the wash m/c becoming overloaded,or would it be down to the age of the machine as it is over ten years old. Im a bit concerned that maybe it could be more serious. Why didnt the sparks put a socket behind the machine as it would have left it a whole lot more handier for me to replace,now i have to put a socket in myself,and worried that it might happen again. The rest of the house electrics are fine and ive had no other trouble in the 11 years ive lived here. any advice is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The live connection in the fused spur could have had a bad connection or the spur itself could be faulty, I would replace the spur (turn power off first) and remake the connections inside. ;)
hope this helps :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back