Linea 24 How do I reduce flow rate.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, have just fitted a new plate heat exchanger to the boiler, cleaned out the pressure release valve as that was leaking too, now boiler works fine without loosing pressure or tripping the overheat, but hot water too the taps it way to fast so its running at 40 as shown on front of boiler, bath temp is not hot enough, how do I reduce the flow rate to bring temp up?? I can use a bowl to see what the flow rate is, but how do I adjust it??
Thanks.
Hugh.

Sponsored Links
On the hot water output device in the vicinity of the outlet, you will normally find an output rate attenuator, which can be adjusted by rotation, lateral or angular displacement of the human interface module.

Thanks, cannot see anything that can be adjusted, will go and have another look, looks like the pipe comes straight from the plate heat exchanger, probably wrong, but will go and check again.

Sponsored Links
Black knob bottom right hand side.
Its on mains water into boiler.
Turn clockwise (looking at it from below) to reduce flow to achieve temp required. Its your human interwhatsit doobrieeee :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers Dave for that suggestion, I can do that, but kids and ex wives have problems remembering! :rolleyes:
This human thingy, er, the only thing in bottom right corner is the valve for the filling loop, the pipe from the heat exchanger drops straight out the bottom of boiler to the hot taps.

On the hot water output device in the vicinity of the outlet, you will normally find an output rate attenuator, which can be adjusted by rotation, lateral or angular displacement of the human interface module.

This is a Tap !!!!

I don't remember the Linea having a restrictor either.

You will have to educate your family in how to use the taps correctly.

So, this boiler does not have any flow rate adjustment built into it then? I cannot see anything to adjust anywhere. I guess I can just turn the filling valve off slightly to reduce flow? If you have the hot tap running when you want to re pressurize the system, it turns off the water going into the boiler and puts it into the system instead.

This is not the way to do it though :eek: If filling loop is partially open the boiler will over pressurise.

Yeah understand what you are saying, but I did not explain properly, the tap is normally at 12, when you turn it to the 9 position, it shuts off water to everything, when you turn it to the 6 position its then open to pressurize the system, as it starts to open at 7. My line of thought was turning it to the 11 position, which does reduce it a bit. But easiest thing tho is just tell everyone, if they fed up with cold baths, they will remember next time!

Sorry I really don't get this generally.

You had a water flow problem, a new PHE was fitted and cured this, and now you are still not happy with the result.

Perhaps you should ask for the old plate HE to be put back so it's blockage restricts the flow :eek:

Old one had corroded so much was blocking flow, and leaking through, new one flows so much water it doesn't get hot enough. Just going to reduce taps as its easier. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back