Reducing flow from a shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 2 Bar shower pump (Salamander CT75 XTRA) connected to a thermostatic valve. I've been having a problem where the pump would start then stop - it could be restarted by turning the temp fully low and then kept running by slowly increasing the temp.

Salamander tech support had me do a flow check with the pump turned off and it turned out the rate was too low. I removed the flow limiter from the shower head and the flow rate was (just) within spec (2l/min), and now all seems fine. The only problem is that now the shower is a bit vigorous - not a problem per se but it will empty the hot water tank too quickly. I can turn it down in use but the kids? No chance.

Does anyone know how I can reduce the flow rate when the pump is running without limiting the flow rate when the pump is off? If the rate is too low then the pump won't start. Would a pressure reducing valve after the pump do the trick?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back