salamander CT70 pump keeps cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Salamander CT70 pump keeps cutting out. When bath/shower mixer tap is on fully cold it runs fine, when fully hot is runs fine, when in the middle (a good temp for having a shower!!) it runs for around 5 secs then cuts out, shower diverter falls and water comes out of the taps then the pump kicks in again.

The pump has been fitted for 4 months, and worked correctly for this time, the fault has only just started.

I have removed my wall mounted taps and run the water with pump switched off, flow rate is within limits of the pump operation. Also run the pump in this configuration and both hot and cold appear to be being pumped at the same rate.

I then bought new mixer tap and got exatly the same problem. All inlet outlet filters on the pumps are clear.

I've even removed the supply to the pump and all the flow rates are within the limits.

I've read a few posts on here for similar problems but no difinitive answer.

I've spoken to salamander and they don't think it's the pump, but in my opinion; 4 months ago the system worked, now I've got the fault, new taps fitted fault still there, what else can it be?

One other thing to mention, when the taps are running to fill the bath everythin seems fine until you change the temp of the water, any minor change to the temp side of the taps causes a juddering/banging noise and the pump seems to stall for a moment before re-starting.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back