salamander shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a salamander new pearl 50 twin pump, 1.5 bar max, supplying water to the bath taps and shower valve.
when using the bath taps the pump runs fine and continuous but now recently when using the shower, the water just runs ok at first for around 20 seconds then just slowly reduces to a dribble and then the pump switches off, if you then wait for around 5-10 mins then it runs again the same way, its been ok for around 3 years, could the pump be on its way or would you think there is a possibility of a faulty shower valve??

Sponsored Links
The first thing I would check is the inlet filters (and check valves, if any), on the shower.

How long do you have to wait before you can use the shower for another three minutes?

Does the problem happen if you run on full cold or full hot?

Hi there, ive checked the filters to the shower valve and are clean and grit free. The shower flow stops eventually with running hot and cold even together,

thanks

How long do you have to wait before you can use the shower for another three minutes?

Does the problem happen if you run on full cold or full hot?

Sponsored Links
yeah you have to wait around 5-7mins to get a flow for 30 seconds then slowly reduces and stops to a dribble. This with full hot and cold or both, thanks

but when using the bath taps as they run straight off the pump too, the flow is constant and pump keeps going

Remove the shower handset - does the problem still occur?

Hi yes,
removing the handset does not help, that was the first thing I did,
thanks

In that case, remove the shower valve, connect two short straight lengths of pipe with valves on the end, and run tests with those.

If the pump peters out then during that test, then either you have an obstruction in the shower pipework, or the pump is worn out.

Thanks softus, great advice, will do that tommorrow and update you, thanks again,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back