Linea 24 rattle noise fixed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone that posted all the good information on this site;

Symptom:
Noisy Vokera Linea 24 when on CH, quiet when hot water was drawn

Fixed with a diverter valve service kit from Vokera (£17 delivered).

Also added a Combisave valve - excellent bit of kit should save gallons of water.

Also fitted a Fernox TF1 (amazed at the carp that is running around CH system) the , after flushing each rad in turn & then added Fernox express protector.

End result is a quiet boiler, quick hot water and some knowledge that the system should be protected from future breakdowns.

Sponsored Links
Why are you unwilling to only turn a tap on slowly at first until the boiler has warmed up?

Thats all the combisave does!

True, I understand the science but try and tell the kids and the thermostatic shower mixer to open just a little bit. The other thing is that it's automatic and does it every time water is drawn. I'm sure that even someone skilled would find it hard to hit 2.5l/min every time; a bit less and the boiler doesn't start, a bit more and it's a waste of water.

Its very easy to judge a suitable flow rate and its not critical to achieve the saving claimed.

Sponsored Links
Why are you unwilling to only turn a tap on slowly at first until the boiler has warmed up?
Are you saying you do? Never heard of the combivalve till now, but it makes a lot fo sense, to the extent im supprised its not mandatory in A-rated boilers.

Daniel

Most of its claims are not achieved in typical cases.

For example it would achieve NOTHING at all in a Potterton Puma setup!

Most A rated boilers have a low water content and low specific heat in the water carrying parts.

Many modern boilers have a preheat which saves water use ( albeit at the cost of a bit more gas during the summer ).

But perhaps 100,000 people wear copper bracelets thinking they are preventing pains !

Tony

I appreciate that improving other areas of design, such as reducing the thermal intertia will greatly help, and dont know the details of the Puma.
However while I might be able to vaugly close to guessing 2.5l/min if I set my mind to it, it would be easier not to, and I dont see how you can determin how long you need to do that for, other than doing it for the lenght of time it takes from stone cold. Typically I just ban the tap open and wait, ditto the shower.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back