Linea 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, new to this site so please be gentle :)

Linea 24 issue - Pressure gauge jumps up and down when the hot water is run. No issue with CH, sits solid @1.5bar.

Someone mentioned possibly diverter valve spring/diaphram problem ..... Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
yes it could be the diverter valve , you get a kit to service your diverter valve and it isn't expensive but what I would suggest is with the heating system cold run a hot water tap and then feel the heating pipes and see if any heat is escaping into the heating circuit, if it does then have the service kit fitted if it doesn't then nothing to really worry about, and you dont have a diverter valve diaphragm the Linea uses a motor not a diaphragm

Appreciated Ian, cheers for that, I'll give that a try (y)

Is there anything else really that could cause that symptom when just the HW is run or is that pretty much it?

Appreciated Ian, cheers for that, I'll give that a try (y)

Is there anything else really that could cause that symptom when just the HW is run or is that pretty much it?
There is a non return valve in one of the connections to the plate heat exchanger and they can get blocked by debris and cause some strange symptoms,but to be honest if you are not getting any adverse effects I wouldnt let it bother you, the Linea is getting on a bit now and might just be a partially blocked pipe somewhere but as I said if no other effects I wouldnt go wasting money on it

Sponsored Links
I would suspect a blocked plate HE.

When it is working, is the hot water delivery hot and constant?

Tony

Hi Tony, yes the HW is great and constant, no issues with delivery just the needle on the pressure gauge jumps when the tap and ergo the boiler is running. Doesn't do it when the CH is on.

I would wonder if it is really so constant but by the time it reaches the taps it has often been smoothed a bit.

As Ian suggests I would say ignore it til next service date.

That's as long as the hot water continues to be fine.

Tony

Last edited:
Kitchen tap is 3 ft away from the hot tap so it's pretty instant but I guess it could settle out.

I just wanted to consider what it may be, if it's the diverter then it's a cheaper fix than if it's a plate heat exchanger, it's a fair bit more money so I'd need to budget differently.

I don't know where you get your pricing.

In local area my charge for cleaning the plate HE is £136.

If its the diverter valve then I only replace them with new and total cost is usually about £203.

But it might be a partially blocked non return valve as mentioned above.

Tony

Ahah, it was suggested that a service kit for the diverter valve could be sourced for less than £30 and therefore the valve could be reconditioned as against replacing a heat exchanger at a lot more, I hadn't been told that cleaning the HE could be performed effectively. Worth considering then is it?

Personally I have never had to change a complete diverter valve on a Linea, I have fitted numerous service kits and never had a problem, it is a very easy service kit to change.

Thanks again Ian + DP.

So could it be said that a service kit could be the way forward if it's found that the diverter isn't working correctly i.e. when hot water is running the CH pipework heats up? I am new to this house so I am looking at ways to update or recondition anything I can.

I love the idea of reconditioning rather than replacing, it sounds like a lot less abuse on my wallet so is there much traction to the 'cleaning out the heat exchanger' approach as well?:) I'm a great believer of recon where feasible rather than throw away and replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back