Linea 28 error message not listed

Well what does that make me then?

By the way the Vokera info sheet was interesting. It showed a lot of things which could bring up each code apart from the nominal fault the code was meant to represent!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Well what does that make me then?
You tell us ! Do you eat jellied eels or Pie n mash in your locality?

By the way the Vokera info sheet was interesting. It showed a lot of things which could bring up each code apart from the nominal fault the code was meant to represent!

If you ever get round to scanning it in feel free to send me a copy ;) , addy in profile

Just to update you all...
Finally got British Gas out today!
He put his computer on, and found nothing.
CO didn't register as a fault.
Nothing on his sheets to indicate a CO mode.
Nothing to do with engineer test modes.
Or an analyser mode.
He rang Vokera.
They said, 'Yes, just take out the little white plug on the right of the control panel, insert a screwdriver and reset the little button'.
Magic!
It worked!
£130, but I could have been ripped off by more than that with a local cowboy.
None of you guys knew the answer, so what chance would they have had.
Why didn't Vokera tell me when I rang?
They said to turn the knob off to reset it - which is actually labelled 'reset' - for 10 seconds, and the problem would go away.
So, if any of you guys have the same problem in future, you now know the answer. ;)

I'll bet a pound to a pinch of **** that it happens again soon. I've had a few Lineas with faulty display pcb's that cause the boiler to go into combustion analysis mode (CO on the display). It always seems to happen when the customer uses the central selector knob to switch the CH on/off.
Shame on BG for not knowing about a simple built in engineers feature of a fairly widespread boiler. Even more shame on them for charging that much for pressing a button!!!
Agile was right, you should have quizzed him furthur and saved 4 months of sky TV that you gave to BG.

Sponsored Links
I told you ages ago what the CO meant !

For reasons I dont understand you seemed to want to disbelieve or ignore what I had told you!

I told you that free of charge!

Perhaps you think that all boiler engineers are out to rip you off?

If thats the case then I am pleased it cost you £130 !

Some of us are genuine!

Tony Glazier

Dear Agile!
I don't remember you telling me anything of the sort!
I've checked back on the posts and nowhere do you mention taking out the little plastic plug to get to a reset switch!
!
(Stuck that in for good measure, seeing as we seem to be shouting.)
You mentioned test modes and carbon monoxide!
If you could paste in a reply the exact portion of what you told me ages ago for free relating to the little plug, I'd be most obliged.
!
(Missed that off on the previous line)!
As I said before, the control knob reads RESET!
To me, that means turn the knob to RESET!
Not being a boiler engineer, I didn't know there was another place to reset as well!
And you didn't tell me!
Am I a mind reader!
Why would you be pleased, therefore, that it cost me £130?!
How have I upset you!
If you can prove I've not listened to your free advice, I'll apologise!
If you can't, I'd hope you'd do the same!
!
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back