Lines from roller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lines left from mini roller. How can I get rid
15177062304991674838243.jpg
of them?

Sponsored Links
Try sanding, if its the right type of emulsion which has dried but not been on for months it may flat down. If its not you will end up with shiny ridges
litl

Did you create them; if so, one end of the roller seems to hold on to paint, so you move the roller to re spread those lines until the paints used up, then the refill the roller.

Did you create them; if so, one end of the roller seems to hold on to paint, so you move the roller to re spread those lines until the paints used up, then the refill the roller.
OK,

Also my friend said i was pressing too hard

Sponsored Links
Now that's an interesting debate. If you don't press hard, you won't get all the paint out of the roller, so coverage will be less. You'll always get lines, and you just keep moving the roller back and forth, and then across the lines till you've got an even coverage. The knack will come with experience.

Now that's an interesting debate. If you don't press hard, you won't get all the paint out of the roller, so coverage will be less. You'll always get lines, and you just keep moving the roller back and forth, and then across the lines till you've got an even coverage. The knack will come with experience.

Why do you need to get all the paint out of the roller?

Um, to get it on the wall. The more paint is on/in the roller, the more lines you'll get, but as you move the roller around, the paint gets spread over a wider area, and the lines lessen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back