Liniar windows and doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interested to hear from anyone that has had Liniar windows and doors fitted in the last couple of years

Sponsored Links
I fit them all the time. Modern design, One of the nicest looking profiles (IMHO).
What would you like to know?

Fitted them once. Not my cup of tea but the bi
folds are nice

Sponsored Links
Ah yes I didn't realize it was him again. It was a bit of a vague question.
I have been keeping an eye out for this and its only something I have noticed on building sites with lots of mess going on.
I have fitted thousands of Liniar windows and noone has ever mentioned a problem including the ones that got like this while there was lots of building work.

Have your other building works come to an end yet?

Hi every one yes its me again It was suggested to me I would be sued if I didn't shut up about my windows as they are now American owned.
I was doing a job for a customer a couple of weeks ago and noticed his three month old windows had a significant build up of grime between glass and outer gasket and are the same make as mine, I am yet to follow up what he is going to do about it if anything.
Interesting that it has been pointed out that its only ones on building sites that have the dirt, Am I to assume that when the sites are finished all the window and door glass is removed cleaned and reinstalled, would you as a installer be prepared to do this?

I removed the glass from one of my smaller windows to examine the seal and frame etc. I come to the conclusion that the welds inside could be projecting to far and stopping the glass fully compressing the bubble gasket.
The welds looked pretty random and irregular, I suppose if the machine used was not functioning or calibrated correctly it could happen and I have a bad batch of frames.
What are your thoughts or knowledge of the frame welding process please.

I have only noticed it on building sites as it the only time I get to see them dirty really, When I fit them they are brand new and I clean them.

I haven't had any complaints about but it is something I have started to notice myself now since you posted your first thread and I go back to a job to do a repair or adjustment (not as bad as your or on building sites). That said I have also noticed it on other makes of windows too.

It also started to bug me on my car window gaskets so I cleaned them all lol. I think its one of those things that you never really notice until someone points it out and then you cant help but notice it.

I cant really comment on the welds as I don't make them I just fit them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back