New build which profile? - Spectus (re-enforced steel, A-rated) or Liniar (no-steel)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have two quotes for 70mm profile windows for a new build house with little or nothing between them:

1. Spectus (steel re-enforced)
2. Liniar

My instinct is to go with Spectus as it has steel re-enforcement and the manufacturer claim an A rating.

Does steel re-enforcement make a difference? Is the Liniar profile strong?

Any general thoughts on the two profiles?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with either make (I personally prefer the look of Liniar).
The quality of the fitting is much more important than the window make. Try to get recommendations from family and friends, ask around on Facebook.

Went for Liniar in the end. I agree about the Liniar profile it is a nicer looking frame. The supplier came was well recommended by my builder who has them on his house. The steel thing threw me though, seemed like quite a big difference pvc vs steel.

Sponsored Links
Correct me if I'm wrong but it won't achieve A rating if it's got steel reinforcing in it, needs to be reinforced plastic

Other manufacturer had BRFR with A rating with steel. They were adamant about that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back