Lining garage wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a semi-integral single garage with a pitch roof. The non-integral walls are single skin.

I want to line the walls with plywood and turn it into a workshop. It doesn't have any damp/moisture issues that I have noticed in the last 2 years or so and was wondering if I could simply batten the walls with 2x1 and attach the plywood.

I'm not bothered about adding insulation unless its to prevent moisture ingress. It's quite airy due to natural gaps here and there which I don't see as a bad thing. It has an up and over steel door and so adding insulation seems a bit pointless.

As the garage is quite small I don't want to loose much width and adding wall insulation and sealing everything seems overkill for what I will use it for.

So my question is, if I line the walls without insulation will I be encouraging moisture?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back