Lining paper gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have put lining paper up ready to paint and have today done one wall with one coat of mat emulsion as a test.

It seems the joins between the sheets of lining paper show through. In places there is about a 1mm gap between sheets that hasn't filled with paint. In other parts I was able to butt the sheets up well (no gap)

What can I do to fill the gaps between the sheets?

I was thinking of either using a brush and really work the paint in. Or going over the joins with fine surface filler.

Will either of these two options work and give a good finish?

Sponsored Links
Once all the walls are painted use ORDINARY filler not fine surface..it sets like concrete...fill it carefully..dont overfill. then sand it with fine abrasive paper...in fact..id rub down the whole wall once its dry...that will flatten down any furring cause when the lining paper was painted...youl have a smoother finish

Touch up the filler with a radiator roller in oder to keep the same texture as your rolling then paint the whole lot

What brand of filler should I go for I have only ever used the pre-made up stuff.

Should I be using a mix it yourself filler?

(Thanks again for the help - much appreciated)

Sponsored Links
Stu-seventyseven said:
What brand of filler should I go for I have only ever used the pre-made up stuff.

Should I be using a mix it yourself filler?

(Thanks again for the help - much appreciated)

Polyfilla will be fine..avoid tetrion its very course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back