lining wall over glue stuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
just stripped hideous padded plastic wallpaper off kitchen to find it had been stuck on with some thick adhesive stuff am going to try and sand this down. what is the procedure for liner pappering this wall once i have made it less bumpy?

should i just size it as normal and hang the stuff?
I have 1400 paper in the hope that this and the wall shelves will lessen any bumpy bits.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I once used an adhesive called Clam to stick a hessian wall covering to the wall, which was fine until years later when redecorating I was left with the same residue as you describe once the hessian was removed.
I was able to remove the remaining gunge completely by using a steam wallpaper remover on it, it softened the stuff until it turned to a soft toffee consistency, and I was then able to scrape it off while it was still warm, it did take a while as you had only a short time before it cooled down and hardened again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back